Camp Terms & Conditions & COVID-19 Protocol
Informed Consent and Acknowledgement
RELEASE: In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Miami Diving Camp or lessons program, the undersigned:In the event of injury to or illness of our son/daughter/ward, Camper(s) Name above, born on this date:DOB above, I (we) hereby authorize Miami Diving, the University of Miami, or representatives thereof, to admit the above named individual to a facility for emergency medical treatment as may be deemed necessary to his or her health welfare. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to inform the camp in writing of any changes. The undersigned hereby consents to whatever medical treatment is deemed necessary. The undersigned on his or her behalf of the individual named above, their heirs, assigns and personal representatives, hereby release the University of Miami, its trustees, officers, faculty, and employees from any and all claims arising out of the admission to, or treatment administered by, such facility.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE: The undersigned hereby acknowledges and agrees that participation in the camp and related activities carries with it an inherent risk of physical injury. In consideration of the registrant’s participation in the camp, the undersigned, on behalf of the registrant, hereby assumes all such risks of physical injury and does hereby release and forever discharge Miami Diving, the University of Miami, its trustees, employees and agents from any and all liability, claim, or loss arising from bodily injuries or damage to personal property resulting from the registrant’s involvement and/or participation in the camp.
COVID-19 Liability Release Waiver: The undersigned hereby acknowledges of the existence of the risk on my child (children) appearance to the venue and my child (children) participation to the activity of Miami Diving that may cause injury or illness such as, but not limited to Influenza, MRSA, or COVID-19 that may lead to paralysis or death. With full knowledge of the risks involved, the undersigned hereby release, waive, discharge the Miami Diving, the University of Miami, its board, officers, independent contractors, affiliates, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury, or death, that may be sustained by my child (children) related to COVID-19 while participating in any activity while in, on, or around the premises or while using the facilities that may lead to unintentional exposure or harm due to COVID-19.
PHOTOGRAPHIC RELEASE: I hereby authorize Miami Diving, the University of Miami and the members of its staff to take such photographs, for websites, television recordings and/or live television transmission of the registrant in whole, or in part, as they or members of the staff may wish, and to use and publish the same in such places and publications as the University of Miami or its staff in its sole discretion consider to be of benefit to said University. I hereby waive any rights that I may have to inspect and/or approve the finished product that may be used here under or the specific use to which it may be applied.
The undersigned hereby acknowledges that he/she is the legal guardian of the camp registrant and has read and agrees with the Consent to Medical and/or Surgical Treatment, Assumption of Risk, COVID-19 Liability Release Waiver, and Release and Photographic Release stated above. This release is valid for any weeks of camp.
The parent(s)/legal guardian(s) represent that the participant(s) has medical insurance coverage through the following name insurance provider. This consent is granted for the period of the camp.
1. Cancellation / Refund Policy: • Since spaces are limited, full payment is due to reserve your child's space in camp. • Exchanges will be accommodated, as spaces are available only. • After May 27th, a $150.00 fee per week of canceled camp is assessed and the remainder is refunded. $50 registration fee is not refundable. • There will be no refunds or make up for days missed of camp or weather conditions.
2. I have read and understand the COVID Positive or Camper Under Investigation (CUI) procedures policy. To read the procedure policy go to https://www.miamidiving.com/copy-of-terms-conditions.
3. I understand if after a week of camp session has started, and if the week of camp gets suspended due to a camper testing positive with COVID-19, or a camper is unable to finish a week because testing positive of COVID-19, there will be no refunds or make up days of the week of camp started. Exchanges will be accommodated, as spaces are available only, for any other weeks a camper has registered.
4. If you drop off your child prior 8:45 am or after 9:00am, Miami Diving, the University of Miami, the camp director, counselors are not responsible for your child getting to the pool area.
5. The Miami Diving team reserves the right to call a parent and have a child picked up if disciplinary problem arises. If problem persist, we reserve the right to expel your child without refund.
6. The Miami Diving, University Of Miami, coaches, staff, and officials are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
7. To participate in the Miami Diving Summer Camp, each camper must be comfortable in water depth that exceeds his/her height. If you are not sure that your child is able to fulfill this part of the camp requirement, please contact our office. There will be no refunds given due to inability to swim.
8. The diving camp involves a great amount of outdoor activities. Sunscreen is very important and the parent should apply on the child prior to arriving to camp. Coaches will remind and assist with the re-applying of sunscreen throughout the day. The Miami Diving team, University of Miami and the coaches are not liable for sunburn on the campers.
9. I/we understand that Miami Diving, University Of Miami, coaches, staff, and officials assume no responsibility of my child(ren) after the day camp or lessons are over. I/we agree to pick up my child(ren) on time. Parents must pick up their child(ren) at the Stanford Circle. Campers will not be allowed to walk to the circle area by Stanford by themselves unless 10 is initialed.
10. I/We will like to pick up my child(ren) by the circle area at Stanford Dr. I/we understand that my child(ren) will walk to such area with no supervision. I/we agree that Miami Diving, the University of Miami, coaches, staff, and officials assume no responsibility of my child(ren) if he/she/they are picked up at such location.
COVID Positive or Camper Under Investigation (CUI) and Close Contact:
Campers who display Covid symptoms during camp will be isolated and parents will be contacted for immediate pick up.
Parents are responsible for Covid testing their campers on their own. If camper tests positive, the camp director must be immediately notified. Parents should call 305-284-2200 to notify UTRACE.
Any camper who is showing COVID symptoms is to remain quarantined until the results of the test are known. Any camper with another non-COVID illness must remain at home until 24 hours post-symptom resolution without use of medication.
CUI will not be allowed to return until a negative test has been submitted to the camp office (via email), which after clearance from camp office, will be allowed to return the next day.
Any positive camper/staff must quarantine for 10 + 1 days, assuming symptom resolution.
The parent/camper/staff member must participate in UTRACE, the University’s contact tracing initiative. UTRACE will identify close contacts associated with any University-sponsored camp ONLY. All close contacts will be required to quarantine for 7 days and show proof of a negative PCR test result (via email) prior to return to campus.
Camp groups with a positive camper will quarantine for seven days. The entire group will be considered close contacts, regardless of actual interaction/physical distancing between the positive camper and other group members.
At five to six days post-exposure, all campers and staff affiliated with the group must be tested and show proof of negative PCR test result (via email) before returning to camp, unless fully vaccinated (proof of vaccination required).
Siblings of positive campers will be considered close contacts and required to quarantine for 7 days. At five to six days post-exposure, they should be tested and provide proof of negative PCR test result (via email) before returning to camp.
Campers/parents must also disclose if a camper was exposed to COVID. All “close contacts” must quarantine for 7 days and show proof of a negative PCR test result before returning to camp (via email), unless fully vaccinated (proof of vaccination required).